MARITIME STUDIES IN POLAND
The maritime industry offers good career prospects with commensurate salaries, job stability and job flexibility. Who chooses maritime studies? Of course, those who want to be “on the wave”.
Prospects maritime studies in Poland
- High quality education. The educational programs are in line with national training standards and international maritime education standards set by the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
- The diploma and qualifications obtained after the completion of the Polish Maritime universities are of an international standard and recognized not only in the European Union but also in other countries of the world.
- Studying in maritime specialties is unique! You can get education in this field in just a few educational institutions in Poland, which can be counted on the fingers of one hand, which confirms the uniqueness. This is an original, specific studying, unique in its thematic area. Speaking about education in marine specialties, one can be convinced that in comparison with other areas, a small group of young people chooses such knowledge, and thus we can improve our well-being with the thoughts about a certain uniqueness. Skills that will be acquired and developed also belong to a group of unusual and non-traditional ones.
- The labor market is without a barrier. Education in the marine field will provide knowledge and skills that can be used in any country in the world. Despite the fact that the qualification seems narrow, it also has a universal, broad nature, since it allows you to work in many parts of the world.
- Interesting and prospective study. It is during your training in maritime specialties in Poland that you have a guaranteed sea of emotions and interesting adventures. Going on a cruise in the frame of study is a reality. Practices and internships in different countries in Europe, and not only, is also available to every student when they receive education.
- High salary. Absolvent, who just graduated from education, can count on a salary of 1,000 euros. With the increase of seniority the salary also grows. For example, after a year’s work as a watch officer – the salary is doubled. Upon receipt of the senior officer’s title – the salary increases to 3,000 euros, and the captain can count on a monthly fee of 5,000 euros or more.
Higher education in maritime studies in Polish universities
You will surely be surprised with a fact that of the 500 universities in Poland, only 2 are maritime profiles: Maritime University in Szczecin and Maritime University in Gdynia. There are also several maritime faculty at other universities, such as the Faculty of Ocean Engineering and Ship Technology at Gdańsk University of Technology. Maritime educational institutions are located mainly in coastal cities – Szczecin, Gdansk and Gdynia. Studies at Maritime Universities in Poland are divided into bachelor’s and master’s degrees. And end with the title of engineer, which means: a bachelor’s degree lasts 3,5-4 years, a master’s degree 1,5-2 years. Diploma of the Polish Maritime Universities – recognized all over the world!
Which specialties are offered by the marine universities in Poland? Most popular are naval navigation and mechanical engineering. Also, entrants often choose logistics and transport. Other directions are available: ocean engineering, mechatronics, informatics, geodesy and cartography; management and engineering products, geoinformatics, water resources management and water resources protection, and others.
How much does it cost to study at the Polish Maritime University? The cost of studying for foreigners is considered affordable – roughly 2,000 EUR per year of study in specialties taught in Polish; and from 2500 to 3500 EUR in English.
Life aboard ship is like no other! If the sea is calling you, an education at the Polish Marine Universities can be the start of an exciting and rewarding career. ENTRANT agency will gladly help you with this!